Wednesday, July 1, 2015

BEGINNINGS: WHERE DID I GET 256 KUNG FU MOVIES?

BEGINNINGS: WHERE DID I GET 256 KUNG FU MOVIES?

Dedicated to Wong Yun-Mei the lovely woman that left me her collection of 256 SHAW BROTHERS kung fu movies out of no more than the kindness of her heart. I hope what I am doing here will make me worthy of your effort. "I Love Shaw Brothers Movies" is a collection of spoiler free (as best I can) movie reviews that will eventually cover every Shaw Brothers kung fu movie released from 1965 to 1986. ( I hope.)


Let me just say upfront that if you're looking for something written by a expert or critic of film history you will certainly be disappointed. I am just like you. Some average "Joe" that has seen quite a number of SHAW BROTHERS  kung fu movies and have enjoyed them to no end. Today as lovers of the consistent production quality and superior choreography of "Another Shaw Production" we have unprecedented access to these classic martial arts movies such so that I have decided to see each and every one of them and document my journey as I do so. But the only qualifications I have are: I saw the movie and I have an opinion. 



One of the things that inspired me to do this is the endless number of groups, clubs and pages for kung fu movie fans on Facebook I have encountered. But I wanted to have my say, in full, without argument, interruption or the cyber-bullying that can go on in some of these groups.


So I am going to just jump into it and go in the order, as best I can, of their release with the justifiable exception of sequels which I will view in the order that makes the most sense. If a movie is actually a prequel then I will review it before the release of the main movie and the other sequels in order of the overall story. I am also going to do my best to keep the reviews as spoiler free as possible because you just never know who has yet to see any given movie and why spoil it for them just because the movie is over 20 years old? 



If you have any questions or comments feel free to use the comment section below and I will get to it as soon as I can. Also, to get advanced notice of this blog feel free to send me a friend request on Facebook by sending me a message saying "I LOVE SHAW BROTHERS MOVIES" and I will accept the friendship right away. See you next time!




If you liked this review please comment on the blog, become a follower of the blog, join me on my Facebook account by sending me a message first and then a friend request so I know who I am friending (  https://www.facebook.com/Michael529P   ) and like my Facebook page: SHAW Brothers Kung Fu Movies 1965-1986. I thank you and would appreciate it very much!



NEXT UP: TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS




1 comment:

  1. I love to watch movies about martial arts and I came across this website: https://themovieninjas.com/ there is a great variety of movies with high quality and now this has become my favorite website.

    ReplyDelete